Challenge Match protocol
- Players must have 10 practices before they can challenge.
- One challenge match per week, per player, if there is court time available.
- Players can only challenge one spot above.
- Players or coaches can invoke a challenge match.
- If challenging for 4 singles or 4 doubles, coach has discretion on who will get the challenge match that week.
- Challenge matches will be best of 3 sets with a 10 point super tiebreaker in place of a 3rd set.
- Challenge matches end on May 7.
- Tennis 101: written by Coach Wise
- Online book: The Inner Game of Tennis by W. Timothy Gallwey
Further Tennis Opportunities outside of the season
In order to progress skills, tennis players should play as regularly as possible. Here are a few of the local opportunities to play more tennis outside of the season.
Swing for Success Tennis Camp
Camp is held at the end of June each year. We run two camps split by grade level with 5-8th grade in the afternoon and 9-12 grade in the morning. There are partial scholarships available! Head over to the belgradetennis.org website for more information.
Tennis Night Live – Month long drill + match sessions twice per week
Belgrade Tennis Association – belgradetennis.org – may be running a drill + match session during the summer.
These are USTA tournaments unless noted. A junior USTA membership is a one-time $20 + cost of entry for each tournament. For a calendar of tournaments (and there are many) check out the montanatennis.org calendar and select “Junior Events”
More tennis for juniors, beginners, and more?
Belgrade Tennis Association and the Bozeman Tennis Association will have youth lessons, clinics and other opportunities throughout the summer and fall. Websites: belgradetennis.com, bozemantennis.usta.com.
MSU offers a summer camp, and drill sessions throughout the winter. Website: bobcattenniscenter.com